Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blogconsolidation

A good blogger friend of mine has recently chosen to stray from poetic nonsense and purely use his blog as a web log of daily events/reactions/thoughts. I thought this a good idea, so I'm going to test the murky waters that are true blogging.

---

I have recently moved up into the foot of the mountains in Boulder Colorado and the shift has brought about many new dailies. I now have to fear smashing my bike into a deer while riding to work at 4:30 am. The sun has still not arisen whenever I make my way to wonderful One Boulder Plaza, but I see a vast sky of stars and the moon is usually just sinking over the flatirons to my right. It makes for a beautiful view, but an unsafe one at that.

On my way home today, I was coasting down the large hill that falls from Mapleton to Alpine on 4th street. I usually use this quick drift to make it up the next ascent. Today, there were kids curving all over the road so I couldn't quite make speed. As I stood up to trek up the last piece of uphill, a swarm of gnats hit me. They entered every orifice in my face and I gasped, blinked and nearly sneezed. I stopped my bike and simultaneously coughed and rubbed my eyes free from gnats. As I regained vision I looked up to see a garbage truck driver staring at me kind of smiling. I think he had previously knowledge of the gnat pack.

Although the gnats are usually nothing but a nuisance, the deer can be fun. As David and I were hanging out in my room one afternoon we heard a rustle outside the window. We peered over the high windowsill and saw a preteen bambi sniffing our neighbor's tree. He looked over at us for a while until he was bored with the faces we were making at him and went back to chewing random plants.


Mt. Sanitas rocks.

2 comments:

Tribellian said...

Hey! This whole knowing-how-my friend-in-Colorado-is-doing thing is sweet!

Nick Shattell said...

Dear Meghann,

I know we are supposed to be pen-pals, and I have been meaning to write you, but I have been extremely busy these days.

But I do have 2 mix CDs in a pile here waiting to be mailed to you. I will get to it someday.

Do you have a new address?

Nick