Saturday, March 31, 2007

i found a dollar

in my pocket and a letter in the mailbox

though these two discoveries seem quite customary,
they are fantastically exciting to me.
A check for twenty seven from a soothing sister &
A dollar in a pocket I didn't expect to be there

The check was wrapped in paper
ripped right from a journal
written on in black ink
with a poem just in time
(a poem for the troubled mind)

she has given me her morning shift
to treat the pets and feed myself

"money is a fictitious stress"
money does not support us, people do.

and it's good to be reminded of this sometimes
(and also to find a measly dollar in a forgotten pocket
to prompt a: "hey, i lived without that dollar for a while
without even knowing it. is it really that important?)

So I magneted the letter up on the fridge
and tacked the check above my desk.

2 comments:

Fundraising for LLS said...

yay for people and love
makes the world go round
pass it and smile

frillytoothpicks said...

does your soul cast about like an old paper bag past empty lots and early graves?