Thursday, July 05, 2007

Buy your Cucumber Juiceboxes in bulk to stock up for Aestivation Season

When forced toward spontaneity I say "yea yea sure - here you go"
then
I retract all statements and
shrivel at obligatory footprints in front

I Flail & Sprawl
a constant stagger of maybe

And don’t think you are any different – you are indefinite as well
Do not deceive yourself to think that you are statuesque and fixed
We’re all just plasticity of ourselves over and over (at least I know am
and it makes me feel better to admit it)

so
though I'm promising you 3:15 every AM in August,
once you jump and break her heart for it,
I'll most likely
back away slowly
and sprint in the opposite direction.

but then again...
maybe I won’t. Who can really know? That’s the tragic humor of it is that
we can never know
until we know
and then and only then
will we know
whether we wanted to know
or not.

if only our lives consisted of rolling around on the carpet & fake fighting with a towel, pouncing ghosts and waking up to a holiday at every sun's ascendancy.

instead
our lives are threads of webs spun so intricate, it drove Picasso to abstraction,
silk worms to masquerade
and snails to double aestivation.

1 comment:

Fundraising for LLS said...

i love this

meghann get published
and paid