Sunday, September 23, 2007

A night at EuroFlow.

I work with four girls at the European Flower Shop just down the street from my house: Kristina, Kristen, Jessie and KT. Under any other circumstances, I would loathe Kristen and Kristina for having similar but different names, but I like them too much to hate them. (?) The two of them, owner and manager, are in Las Vegas for a week doing "research" and all managerial tasks were passed on to the ultra-organized, super experienced, savvy businesswoman - me. All sarcasm aside, I will work my ass off for any boss that shows me respect and appreciation and fortunately for everyone in this situation, this is the case.

We had a large wedding to do this weekend and Jessie and KT weren't exactly stoked to stay late and get the job done. This meant that I was alone in assembling a gorgeous light orange and burgundy wine wedding for "Jessica from Lyons".

After closing the doors to regular business around 6 pm Saturday, I went to work on the wedding arrangements. Not too many friends would find hanging out in a flower shop on a Saturday night til all hours appealing or fun, but George accompanied me in my Pandora marathon wrapping hand cramp stem mess making Cap't Morgan out of arrangement vases Glory.

Here is a pictorial account for your enjoyment.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Jackie for putting up with my sporadic phone calls of nonsense and hysteria throughout the night. Thank God she was dreaming about me, or she might not have answered.


This is the orchid our shop Praying Mantis used to reside on. He's missing at the moment.


Our rose arrangements for a party last Thursday



Looks like marriage to me


Dr. P with Cap't and Black Baccara Rose



Partner in Crime




Altar Arrangements for Jessica's weddings





Gladiolas Spider Mums Coxcomb and Curly Willow


Dahlias, Calla Lily and Gerber


Tulips and Orchids


I love fluorescent yellow snapdragons :)


Gerber Daisies

No comments: