Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Beirut - 'Nantes'

Beirut - 'Nantes'
Video sent by era_ant

from Blogotheque



I am a little embarrassed that June was a month unwritten. Yet, as Nickel Creek says "others have excuses, I have my reasons why."

June, like the many months that preceded it and haven't gained recognition here in my virtual world, was plump with fun and loveliness. It began where my travels and adventures began last summer: Telluride Jazz Festival. A fellow friend, Greg, flew into Denver to accompany me on the drive with a few golden nugget pit stops along the way: Valley View Hots Springs, The Great Sand Dunes and then Telluride, Colorado. The weather called for rain rain and a little bit more of some more rain, but we actually lucked out - it just sprinkled a bit at the hot springs (which is my favorite hotspringweather) and cleared up for us to hike a 75 degree day at the dunes. We even got about 60% clarity in Telluride . . . freeeeezing nights.


This is greg and I. On the side of the road somewhere near Villa Grove. We had fun.


Greg looking up at the Dune we're going to climb.


I didn't even try to photo-capture the beauty of the Dunes... it's a visual memory that sits in my head. Go see it yourself . . . seriously, go.


... when the Springtime night chill sets in on Telluride, it's best to find someone who pays heating bills to shack up with. We found the Nugget Theatre to watch Star Trek at. It was awesome and warm.


This little Telluride girl just graduated from kindergarten and this was her graduation balloon that she held so high and proud.


A few free box friends that we found . . . my panda ORI was subsequently stolen in Santa Rosa by a little boy who didn't realize ORI was my watch-panda. I hope he's enjoying him. I didn't even have time to become attached to him. . .


While I was in Telluride, Autumn called with a request that I fly out to California to fill in for the Health and Harmony Festival. I have become a bit sick of flying, but yes is a game I like to participate in. So off to Santa Rosa for the second weekend in June!

The line up for the festival was unbelievable. Act after act, I was loving California and all the endorphins it was bringing to my ears and head. One way to put it... you couldn't tear the smile off my face. I had two lovely neighbors, Robert and Jodi, and a great view of the stage from my booth. Michael Franti, Cake, The Duhks, India Arie, Balkan Beat Box, Matisyahu, Animal Liberation Orchestra... mmmm... and people all around glad to be alive and dancing.


My neighbor Jodi! Check her out - she makes sweet stuff!!!


i hoop.


I was feeling the love . . .


- - and Daniel Pinchbeck spoke in the dome behind my booth, so I got to steal away for half an hour and watch him speak about the book greg and I are reading: 2012. This guy and many of the people seated in the dome have lots of information that is really just starting to seep into our consciousness. I was really glad to be a part of it.



Since the first 10 minutes was basically a reiteration of the content I had already been reading in his book, I let myself get distracted by this mini-dagny that was hanging out with a guy I had met earlier. Cute cute.






... after H & H, I came back to Telluride and that is where I am now. I will fill in the blanks in the morning, as I am too tired to do anything else worthwhile on this post.

See you tomorrow! Nantes :)


No comments: