Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I went to Yellowstone once.

Keeping up with uploading photos, adding them here and writing about them is not the most difficult task, but I sure do seem to make it appear that way with how not-often I update this here webpage.

I went on a northern tour in August, from Jackson Hole to Targhee back to Jackson Hole up to Yellowstone over to Cody up to Billings Montana, then west to Bozeman and Missoula and finally Seattle. That was my two weeks prior to Burning Man, just to place some dates around when all this occurred.

I had only one day to spend in Yellowstone, so I went hiking around Old Faithful, where I knew all the pretty hot pool and geysers hang out. It was as beautiful as I thought it would be. Though it seems silly to do Yellowstone in one day, it was worth driving through it and experiencing the little niche I did get to experience. Next time I try and tackle Yellowstone, I'll make sure to set aside at least a week to do a backpack/camping trip and some water adventures.

This trip was solo, except for my perma-road buddies dragosaur and lillee:




tiny pineapple cone


buoys wanting to be mountains


tetons from above jackson lake


wizard trunk


lil lee pads


google-earthy looking


solitude geyser


gooey death pond


cool hot pond.




the bubbles the bubbles the bubbles


blue cardinal


geyser shooting up!


i like cloud reflections

Next is Estes Park for the beginning of fall leaves shifting colors, yogis slack-lining and vegan food galore!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish we could go there with you next time!