Friday, December 09, 2005

with you

I walked the steps (took the stairwell to soak in the anticipation)
& found far within - a courage to lead your hand into mine
around the corner (on the roof, of course). I wanted to hide
with you
in a position appropriate to our chilled appendages.
Turns out it was quite conducive to the discussion, as well.
I hid my eyes while plotting possible ways to catch your glance.
At each chance, I cowered and kissed your knees instead.
At this moment, I realized I wanted to sneak up stairwells
& sit on rooftops in this exact position every night
with you.
We were caught by a flashlight & fled the scene with calm steps
but you didn't flee me and my heart phewed with relief.
Next, we picked a place perfect for tossing thoughts;
my mind's refuge arena- that I've only shared
with you.
From the time we entered my cubicle to the second I am
writing right now, I knew this smile would persevere.
My smile wishes to only exist in a world
with you.

No comments: