Monday, October 31, 2005

Evil Deviation

An alarm resonates, my ears awake
David Grey hums neatly over the airwaves
and my thoughts digress to you

The sun collides with the ocean tides
sand beneath my feet, it sinks
I swear I can see the toes of Italy
but I’m wrong about distance frequently

Silly willows whisper fall’s approach
seeping, a feeling of personal reproach.
Our late walks at the lake, and our discussions of how
you have an affinity for purple, I miss it but now

I’m alone in the park, with the grass and the dark
and my thoughts digress to you
My paper, it stares at me blankly,
lonely with tranquility

“How to Disappear Completely”
pervades my mind so indiscreetly
and without further adieu, I think of you

The subway jolts; the pole feels cold
I stare holes in the tiles, bottle rolls down the aisle
and my thoughts digress to you

In my mind I’m dancing with the devil
under moonlight of our late-night
beneath the rain that forever stains
our love…
and I digress
back to you

No comments: