Monday, October 31, 2005

A Scarlet Letter

The lines in the letters
were sent & seen…
but it seems it’s not me
to intervene

Began real innocent
but now you have
no where to vent

too much to
not tell

Secrets
kept to keep
the shame hidden
give in to things forbidden

Sex on Sunday while
the janitor lingers
while the wife waits
while your body shakes
while you steal his fingers…

Out in the city
the night never-ending
becoming “friendly”
keeping quiet
where you stayed
where your body
rest & laid
and what you wore
so I don’t see you as a whore.

Invisible A
streaks your chest
secret smile is a
test for me

Can I see
what it really means?
I pretend ignorance
to your deceit
but really
it keeps eating me.

Keep your secrets,
keep that life
but keep in mind
you’re not his wife.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kansky said...

this is a powerful piece, i'm not really sure why it hits me as hard as it does, but i makes me think and feel. The poem reminds me of the Pedro the Lion song-- Second Best. There's a melodic despair, the vocalist always trailing the music, as if to broken to keep up -- check it out, or i'll send to you. I really like this very much though Meghann