Saturday, January 07, 2006

first person singular


*Photography by S.Kanksy


Who me?
I love locution, grammar, etymology... etc
I judge people based on the softness of their toilet paper
Get giddy with new notebooks
Fall fast and hard for viridescent eyes
Horrible at underlining
I synchronize my breathing to the wave of the wiper blades
I sing loudly while driving solo
I was always a puddle jumper
Soaking in the cloudburst droplets
Get wet
Addicted to endorphins

I won’t pass up a Magic Hat 9
Won’t always color in the lines
I want more hours in the day to read
I want to do and be everything
I try
But not hard enough,
I feel

2 comments:

Nick Shattell said...

Hi -

I love what you have done to your blog...its much more pleasing to the eye...

I also like this poem...Especially the third line...The only thing is that my toiley paper softness varies on a cheapness basis...

DiploThinker said...

Hey Frillytoothpicks! I just saw your comment now asking about the 1000Authors blog. Just send me an email (pjohnson06@jhubc.it) and I'll add your email to the list of people that can post on there. It's been slow getting started but I think once more people start posting this can be a great project.

Btw, are you friends with Dickey? I saw a comment from Dickey on one of your recent poems .... I haven't hung out with him in forever but one of his high school friends is a friend of mine from college.

Anyway, great idea putting up a poetry-blog site.

Take care,
Pete