Friday, October 26, 2007

Shifted. Now I notice different things.

I propped all my blankets and pillows (2 and 2, respectively) up against the north wall of my bedroom. This was to gain propper alignment for long night ahead of reading Desolation Angels.

I read 8 pages and remembered "George!" Three telephone conversations later he was over at my house sitting diagonally from me on the velour orange couch. In the background Pete and his Grateful Grass Band were practicing "Scarlet Begonias" "Eyes of the World" and "Bird Song" for their weekend performances.

George and I decided to read to one another. We read Deb Olin Unferth and David Eggers' short stories. Deb likes tongue twisters, double negatives, insanity and confusion. David Eggers likes playing on the element of surprise and pretending animals can articulate their thoughts, and that they have thoughts - intricate ones. We read about six stories each. My favorite story was the one about the spice rack and how the owners of the spice rack were such capitalists.

I decided to sleep with my head where my feet usually are and my feet where my head usually is tonight. I have been having very vivid, exciting dreams (especially in between snoozes) and I want to see where this position will take me. I had really funky dreams in my sister's boyfriend's bed last week. That sounds scandalous but she was between us. Not one of us snores.

No comments: