Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I thought Fir st was funny..




Telluride has a cartoon map of its entire contents and I was a bit confused by FIR ST.


I wondered why there was a space in between the R and the S and then realized that all the streets were named after trees - so this one was FIR STREET.

I love the little towns of Colorado that are so small, they can name all their horizontal roads by letter. Salida is such a town. Mancos was such a town. This is Rd M in Mancos:


I am living on G st and 1st ave for the first night's stay and J st and 9th for the next three nights.

I am staying at Woodland's Motel, which is far from a motel since it has internet, a kitchen, a nice bathtub jacuzzi and it is owned by a family, so it feels more like a bed and breakfast. When I called, the initial greeting said:

Hello, you’ve reached Woodland Motel. If you would like to speak to Steve or Viva, and are not a telemarketer, please press 5 now. If you are a telemarketer, does your mother know what you do for a living? Please hang up now.

I thought that was charmingly hilarious. I called back again, just to make sure I heard right. Steve happily set me up with a one bed room, just a few blocks away from where I have to be in the morning.

Today was pretty rough for me, as all my close friends and family heard, since I called most of them. I nearly purchased a '93 maroon VW Eurovan for a mere 2 grand. Things ended up working out and the only thing I have to worry about is what kind of food I will fill myself with.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with my car trouble blues today. Especially Tim.

No comments: