Monday, April 03, 2006

Myokymia

You mentioned ‘convulsion’
and my arm, in its compulsion,
repulsed into spasms.

A chasm of character:
My mind and my fibers
Fought for a fighter.

My mind, in its obstinacy,
told itself to shelve
the tendency to teeter
when the word “convulsion”
was mentioned;
Mind over utterance.

Still my arm, the sputterer
fluttered,
the nerves trumped the brain:
No power of restrain.

A tick, my brain missile
missed its target to switch
from compulsion
to restrain.
The brain loses
the battle of natural
inclination,
a bodily reaction to a
verbal utterance.
A sputter
Convulsion
Sputter
Repulsion
Waver
Revulsion

My mind is disgusted
by its incapacitation.

2 comments:

Tribellian said...

I like this flavor! how did you cook it?

frillytoothpicks said...

I had old bay spice on my chicken for dinner.
That explain it?