Tuesday, February 19, 2008

He said I'm not normal

But I blushed when he smiled when
we both noticed the passenger ahead of us
tapping to a no-name song
playing on our car radio
in traffic behind the construction men

And I smirked when we woke up and turned
to see the other awake already,
accomplishing nothing but comfort
and kindness -
with a rivulet between us

I laughed that a liter of whisky
was finished in one sitting.
A conversation pending.
A night both worth and
hard at forgetting.

"Normal" sounds like a cat from
a Garfield cartoon sent to Abu Dhabi
for being a nuisance of questions

And Tom at the Beat Bookstore
said I fire 'em like a pistol
And he himself can't quit from persisting
to spew riveting information.

So, I must have one-uped someone
un-one-up-able
in the realm of "Nermalness"

And, sure, I wonder why we've never
kissed,
but what else could ever come of this -
our abnormal, untouchable relationship?

: a hug that lasts, persists and twists
into an anomalous tag-team
break from actual existence

is it.

No comments: