Thursday, February 28, 2008

a time i wish i had my camera

So, I've been cuddled up in my public library desk since 2:15 this sunny, 55 degree, slight breeze afternoon and cuddled is certainly not an accurate term. Huddled wouldn't work either because the desk is quite spacious - fitting all 15 of my books, my two notebooks, my water, apple, cell phone, laptop and portrait of David Bowie for inspiration (juuust kiiiddin')

But, I am comfortable - with where I am at on my thesis draft and with the quiet nature the library provides.

Around 6:50 p.m., I decided to leave my nest and adventure three blocks down the creek to Boulder High School Auditorium. My favorite 9 year old in Boulder was performing at her elementary school's annual talent show and I hadn't yet seen her routine.

She went on at 7:20. I am not just saying this because she is the coooooolest 9 year old I've ever met, but she was the best. Emmitt, the 1st grade handstand walking kid was pretty skilled, especially awesome because he had the music of Austin Powers lining his performance, and even the kid who wrote his own song on the piano (which was better than all 6 other piano performances) was pretty impressive. But Haley wins, hands down. Tricks on a Hula Hoop I had never even thought possible AND choreographed hula dancing to the music.

Applause. She made my night and rejuvenated my energy.

No comments: