Thursday, February 23, 2006

Stood out on the porch

I’ve got this idea
Brewing
Tell me, what are you
doing for the next millennium?
Would you want to choose a better
life, the right life
for a liver
Would you embrace it
or would you quiver
and stay right where you're at
Join me on a journey
come Explore
Want more
Let’s get a car
wait, no
a bike
instead of leather
we’ll use eachother’s skin
to protect us from the wind
I’ll clutch my hand against
your hand
pressing
on the clutch
and I can be your kickstand

Would you do it?
uproot and choose it
Say yes to my request
follow through?
Look past what they expect
don’t become that old man
with regret

If we get out there
and you decide
that the timing
the rhyme is just not right
That the chorus and verse clash
and I drive much too fast
then you can go
Slow, or leave
me
But at least you ventured
Just to see

No comments: