Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Tiramisu Solution



Today hurt
I steamed up some soy milk
Cappuccino, frothy
closed my eyes to sip delicious
but upper crater of mouth rejects
tongue does not taste what it expects
a flow of lava smoldered inside
Sucked it up and swallowed
Because John is watching from across the counter

Later, sat on a sideways milk-crate
and painted the back of my jeans
with raspberry juice- mixed with cranberry,
I believe

Slammed my pointer finger
in the pastry car door: display case slider
Striped a cake unintentionally
with my two longest fingers
and shook the phalanges
as if it would shake away the pain
I paced the 32 tiles of my coffee station
searching for a solution
to my pounding fingernail
Found a tiny Tiramisu, unworthy
of display case frame
So I stick my finger
straight down into the soothing
mousse-y treat:
A new remedy

No comments: