Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Got nothing left but it ain't bringing me down, I'm just gonna follow the sound."

Hanging out with Erin in Portland, we parked downtown and walked to eat at her favorite Lebonese restaurant. It was closed. So was the indian restaurant nearby.

We ate at a Thai restaurant, then went down to the Saturday market to find my favorite little wooden creature that I found there two years ago. It was not there. We watched some drummers drumming and artists humming. It was good time.

We then went to Stumptown. Sweet coffee shop conducive to great conversations about colors and senses.

When we returned to Erin's borrowed car, the passenger side window was smashed in. My first thought was "Ope, wrong car!" But it wasn't. And all the albums and expensive jackets were left sitting to themselves in the backseats. My backpack however, with all my underwear, my laptop, Leland*** and my favorite necklace that David bought me in India, in it. And all my Bumbershoot tickets. That's 12 tickets to be exact.

So we listened to Radiohead's song "Talk Show Host" and smiles returned. Then we got back to Erin's apartment and listened to Human Highway "The Sound".

got nothing left but it ain't bringing me down, i'm just gonna follow the sound

was hardly applicable in terms of having NOTHING LEFT, but seemed appropriate to embrace at the moment.

I could care less about the stuff, but I can't believe that necklace was off my neck. I haven't taken it off in over 3 months.

Nick thinks that Leland got disgruntled about how I have been neglecting him on the adventures and took off with all the stuff.

I hope he sends postcards.


*** Update: While I was giving the policeman my report, I told him about Leland and said, "But the duck was free, so he's not worth anything." In all seriousness, Rillings 1999 responded "Yes, of course he is worth something. I will write down priceless. I have a stuffed gorilla that has traveled around with me for 20 years named Gabriella."

I am glad he understood what's truly worth something. The Avett Brothers closed with their song "Gabriella" tonight at the Oregon Zoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.