Monday, August 25, 2008

"Oh, the S.P.O is silent... it's pronounced HELL."

I just walked in to the home away from homes, Seattle World of Sparky Nate and Ellyse.

And it rained. I don't think I would have minded as much if I had changed my clothes in the last 30 hours, but I feel ucky.

So, as you can see, I wrote some poetry in the last week. Yes, poems (whether good or bad) came out of my brain and onto paper. One was written at the Doug Fir Lounge when I was hiding in a corner, away from the socialites and such. The other two, on the train back to Seattle from Portland. I am excited that they occurred. I was getting nervous that I didn't have any thoughts about anything anymore. I do.

The tour was quite an experience. The number one part about it was being able to hang out on a "road trip", and not drive (even sleep some in the backseat!), not be responsible for car troubles, and be around three very hilarious dudes for 4 days straight.

I don't think I said much about Spokane, but I really liked it. The owners of the Empyrean were super cool. Chrissy invited us out to celebrate her friend's birthday and nachoes, limos and potential waffle-fest ensued. We then crashed at her nice smelling home.

I wish I could be Chrissy Riddle. She owns a sweet coffee shop/garage venue and teaches creative writing at a high school in Spokane. And she's funny. Rock on.

Anyway, we then went to Portland where the guys were interviewed by Don Andrews from PDX LIVE Music.

I tried to write up my own interview, but it was all over the place and my notes just look like hilarious left-handed scribbles. I need a tape-recorder.

My favorite parts:

N: It's definitely a step above the last record I recorded, before I met these guys. It was kinda more of a learning experience than anything
D: Kinda like Sesame Street?
N: Yes, yes exactly. 1-2-3-4-5-6…7-8-9-10…11-12
D: Today's episode is brought to you by the letter "L"
N: The letter "L" is a fucking sellout
D: Yeah…I know
N: It's just trying to get its name all over…corporate whore man

and also,

N: We just came in from Spokane. Spoke-an, spoke-ane. How do you pronounce it?
D: the S.P.O is silent, it's pronounced hell.

and also,

D: Here in Portland, we hate Washington.
N: Yeah, Washington did try to kill Jared. Poison him with their Avo Cados

and also,

David Rogers: Yeah, I might shoot myself if they make me listen to Radiohead on the way home, again.
Don: Go to Wal-mart. They have everything. (get it? a gun... ha!)



Anyways, back to regular life. Back to dealing with people who steal and rain droplets falling on an oh-so-not-waterproof sweater.

Pictures of The Avett Brothers concert next!

2 comments:

chelsea face said...

miss you. duh.

Stephanie Kansky said...

"N: We just came in from Spokane. Spoke-an, spoke-ane. How do you pronounce it?
D: the S.P.O is silent, it's pronounced hell."

oh my god. this is so fucking funny. and try. i hate spokane.

love, steph