Sunday, November 27, 2005

exegesis



Is it absurd to
see your words slurred
up on my cyber answering machine?
Do you even wonder what they mean
to me, to spark the use of them?
Do I need your copyright consent?
I ensure you, I'm not obtuse, my friend...
but can we try this route again,
where I pretend to speak to you
in wonderment
about your reactions
to these little things
that bring two strangers
loosely close…
A friendly visitor
requesting a mimosa to share
and stare into the spiraling significance,
a conversational chance to find
an acquaintance with your inner intentions.
I'm aware, we conversed about
this all before
rehearsed the connotation/
denotation war
but still I need to hear some
more descriptions of the avenues
that take you to
each lyric and each rhyme;
but at the same time
I keep my own interpretation locked up
in my mind:
I virtually declare it
in the away form of a square.

No comments: