Tuesday, November 22, 2005

An Occidental Orientation of Words



Ciao chowder

Dining in a diner
American French fries
New England Clam chowder
A last supper
While he’s still American


Fairy-dust powder

Her toes touch the ocean
His dangle above it, also
Her tears drop to water
He left her with
a false hope


Right or wrote?

Dear Lakshmi,
Here are some pictures to pretend
You are with me
I am living
You are breathing
We are both fine
Away
Love, Venkateswara


Trampoline boat

One night, while you were away
I lost myself in romance.
We embraced, long lengths
underneath an abandoned hobie cat.
And still, I think back on it
with passion.


Chilluns

“He asked me a rather
question.
Would I rather have a misquito
or a monkey
stuck inside my belly?”

“I was head-butted today.”


Villains

“…it said open feet
which meant I had to part
with my sandals.
When I returned, I had been told
A monkey snatched the left one up
And ran away giggling.
But here it is! I retrieved the simian sandal!”

“Orange Peel died today. She was
the one with the left finn
smaller
than the right fin,
and so swam in circles.
Do monkey’s giggle?”

“That’s how I interpreted it.”


Communication costs

When we would converse
I swear we were cursed
We could only communicate
Through howling whistles
And screaming winds.
Not to mention
The time…

“As the sun rises on Mary,
it sets on him.”


Lamp we wish we tossed

Enlighten me. Leave me an idea,
A parcel of hope to breathe with.
Keep me company with
reassurance, atleast.
It’s the least
you could lend.
For a friend.


…thoughts with conformities

Doyoureallyhaveto
leaveagain
justwaitaweekformetobe
backfromthewest.


“Interpreter of the Maladies”

Something’s been lost.
A passion, perhaps.
An identity we once shared.
When we were a “we”.
We were a great we, weren’t we.

No comments: