Tuesday, November 22, 2005

my machez a mio



I see you flash your eyes,
that smile
and no, I don’t have an alibi
I’m frightened, timid, even
Shy. Despite the way I
dance around and clamor my mouth,
it’s all to hide
my loss of breath
my clenched up assessment
of how to speak
how to say something completely unique
when really I don’t even want
to be
distinct. I want to be me, just patented Meghann.
Because I’m as close to certain
as I can get
that you’d like
this person… that we’d both get
anxious and tense
to see each other next.
But as for now, this is all in my head
because I saw you last night
and I remember what I said:
I uttered a “hey” with a vapid
comment, rapidly expressed...
which isn’t even close,
it isn’t even remotely near
the length of conversation
I'd like to whisper into your ear.
That was yesterday, and you’re my persistent
Regret;
that I haven’t met you yet.

No comments: