Tuesday, November 22, 2005

a lover's poem...Moondust

I planted a red rose on the moon
Gently ran my toes through the moondust
Cold and weightless; as soon
As I spelled your name it tickled

The stars shone frantically above
Ecstatically twinkling and blinking
Like spectators spectating love
Like bodies twisting; like lips kissing

The planets circled in honor
Dancing in vertiginous reverie
The honesty left them to ponder
How lonely their lives had been

Earth felt warm upon return
But it wreaked of indigence
The silent grasp of daylight
The clouds insistent covering

I watered the rose with tears
Ashamed at the intensity
I unclosed your eyes with fear
And found you listening…

To the sound of my naked toes
Recorded for your mind to see
The length I'd go; how it grows
When you smile heartaciously
^

No comments: