Monday, August 20, 2007

7.2"

Christoph handed me a red and black screwdriver and told me to return it to Heidi for him. Being late for a flight and then trying to smuggle what could be considered a spearing device didn't seem like a great idea to me. The security guy told me I could bring it on if it was under 7 inches. He promptly left the scene to obtain the official screwdriver ruler. He held it up in front of me to show me that it was slightly more than 7 inches. 7.2 inches to be exact.

"So do you want me to check it, or chuck it?"
"Fuck it - chuck it. I gotta make a flight."

What didn't make sense to me is the 7 inch rule. Does a 6.8 inch screwdriver insufficiently impale the jugular? Man, if 6 inches is an insufficient impalement length, there must be a lot of un-up to par guys out there. Heidi laughed about the screwdriver and said "No biggie."

No comments: