Monday, August 20, 2007

"Are you Naked? I'm feeling creative."

Misheard lyrics. Belting out the wrong words and owning them, not feeling embarassed to sing your own song - this is audacity. On a computer, we write in bold for emphasis. Emphasize your life with the appropriate punctuation. Maybe today is full of commas, tomorrow could be a seemingly eternal exclaimation point! He said he thought the ellipsis in his head, so what he said wasn't technically a lie. The second portion of the statement was a detour from the proceeding untruth, so it is almost as if he masking-taped a new clause in just at the last moment to create veracity.

He called me up to make sure I made my flight so we wouldn't have to continue on to Tucson together. He said, "Did you make it?" I heard, "Are you naked?" We laughed and he said "Yeah, that's where our relationship is at now." But the fluky thing is since the first second I met him in the dark in the driveway on a Wednesday, I felt at ease against his shadow. I even kinda miss his wretched smelling cartoon farts that heated the cold Telluride tent.

Some were concerned: "You jumped in a car with a stranger?!" I'm not sure why most people can't understand a pure experience. I like to thrive on the unexpected and who better to provide unanticipated action than a complete stranger?


Talk to Strangers - Saul Williams said it best himself:

"Like that stranger may be yours,
who holds a subtle knife
that carves through worlds
like magic doors,
and that’s what I've been looking for,
The bridge from then to now,
...
But that square box don't represent the sphere that we live in,
The world is not a flat screen
I ain’t trying to fit in.
But this ain’t for the underground
this here is for the sun-
A seed a stranger gave to me
and planted on my tongue.
and when i look at you,
I know I'm not the only one.

As a great man once said,
There’s nothing more powerful
than an idea
who’s time
has come."

No comments: