Monday, August 20, 2007

Learn Parallax

n. An apparent change in the direction of an object, caused by a change in observational position that provides a new line of sight.

A quarry ran alongside us to the right. I mentioned Garden State and how I'd always wanted to stand along the cliff of a deep pit. He promptly took the next side road and we sifted through sammiches to find the least soggy of them all: Ostrich.
-would you like buffalo or ostrich?


After a brief hike toward the edge, with locust-looking grasshoppers bounding alongside my stride, I concluded that the hike would be too long and it would be better to just soak it in from afar. So I cracked a Karma and he joined me on a weather-worn rock to look over the horizon of the drop-off. Silence and vast skies.





Back at the car, I mentioned how my last lengthy roadtrip had been with David and how he told me I was a terrible photographer on the banks of Coney Island. Christoph briefly introduced me to the basics of photography. Here are a few of my attempts at implementing my new knowledge:







Notice the perfection of shadow inclusion!

No comments: