Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ouvroir de littérature potentielle


Since the 3:15 experiment passed me by, I've decided to create my own exploration in September.

Instead of waking up at 3:15 am every morning in August and writing, I will abide by Jack Kerouac's 30 Rules for Spontaneous Prose. However, each day in September, I will concentrate on one rule and one rule only. It will be a month of obsession and a little bit of madness. How can it not be? Part of Kerouac's appeal is his maddness for writing. They are concise one sentence statements that are sometimes a bit obscure and open for interpretation. This will leave much room for play.

If anyone is interested in coming along for the ride, post a comment.

I will post the first rule up on September 1st at whatever time I wake up. I will then write the sentence on my hand to remind myself to continuously acknowledge it the whole day through. I have set aside a notebook that will be specifically oriented for this experiment. Let the fun begin (in 4 days)!

Countdown to a re-emergence of a piece of the beats and OuLiPo!

1 comment:

GS said...

I'm down - like you didn't already assume that.