Friday, November 09, 2007

For those of you who know me...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/education/edlife/naropa.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

I go to Naropa. I study poetry in a Buddhist setting. I am a florist.

Last semester I took a course in Ikebana: the way of Japanese flower arrangement. I was reading through an old notebook and found a few things that re-inspired me:

"Why don't you live that question? Let it work on you in life and let the answer bloom."

in acknowledgement of shifting, impermanence: "The pain is then part of the happiness."

"The crescent moon is still a full moon." Even if it's just a glimpse, it is still a full moment.

Live your questions - answers are eternally evolving. Everything is transient. Appreciate a moment for what it is.

1 comment:

Tribellian said...

Thanks for the critique of that last diddy! I agree that I should break those sections up. It was a short burst from a certain moment - Canadian crude vs. middle eastern syrup. < geopolitics five mins ago.

Autumn and the chill were synonymous at the time I jotted it down. I've finally pulled out the warm sweaters and the awesomely thick socks! The trees on one side of our street are all bare while the trees on the other side are still wearing their colorful post-summer shag.

Cheers to further developments!