Monday, November 05, 2007

unknown

How your words winnow in my head
I hate
that I cannot display the
ideas
of why you make me elate
why space
can make me smirk -
the edges between city skyline buildings
straight.

Can't there be more than one beauty
catches eye
I can't synopsize why he, why me
and think only we
'what's the bug with wood of a relationship'
I deposit this thought in the
comment box
that he never checks

what prompts
the line breaks?
What's the sp ace
mean?
Is it different in font or form on a subway car -
Question lapse like the moon eclipse
dawn of a morning star
sometimes cannot be seen because of
taller trees or
hover clouds

Either way, it's there, behind and
it's above you, too
and we are both below

tucked in the cellar bed

1 comment:

Fundraising for LLS said...

beautiful.
karen russell read a love story about vampires in italy today in warsh's class. sharp fangs in lemons inside the caves with the bats where the sky is below and it's not your imagination..the world is flipped rightside up.